Note: The Auto Data Recovery option is available in Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions editions of QuickBooks 2011 and later. The ADR file has a maximum size limitation of 1.5Gbytes. If your backup file size is larger than 1.5Gbytes, an ADR file will not be created.
- Open the folder where the Company file is stored.
Create a new folder and name it Old Files.
Open the folder named QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder. (It's in the same folder that the QuickBooks Company file is located in)
- Right-click the copy of the Company file (.qbw.adr) and select Copy.
- Go back up to the folder where the Company file is stored.
- Paste the copy of the Company file in this folder.
Right-click the Company file (.qbw.adr) and choose Rename.
- Delete the .adr from the end of the name of the file.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Open the Company file.
- Use reports or account registers to verify that all transactions were restored.
- Use the Verify Data utility.