- This guide will show step-by-step instructions for changing to Non-SSL settings in Outlook 2010 for Windows. While it can be used for other versions of Outlook, some screens and steps might vary.
Changing account settings:
- Select the 'File' menu
- Select Info
- Click the Account Settings button
- Double click on your email address
- Change your Incoming mail server to: mail.yourdomainname.com (e.g. mail.xyzcompany.com)
- Click on the More Settings button
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Select None under Use the following type of encrypted connection: for both the Incoming and Outgoing server.
- Make sure the Incoming port number is now 143 (if using IMAP) or 110 (if using POP)
- Change the Outgoing port number to 26
- Click the OK button
- Click Next on the E-mail Accounts window
Your email account send and receive will be tested.
- Click Finish